Best Electric Toothbrush 2017 reviews and buying guide – Are you still confused about changing your old and conventional toothbrush to electric toothbrush in 2017? Looking for the best electric toothbrush to keep your gums and teeth healthy and hygiene? What type of electric toothbrush should I buy? Ultrasonic, sonic or rotating? Colgate, Philips, Oral-B or Waterpik? Which electric toothbrush is best for my oral hygiene?There are huge amount of extra features to look for when buying an electric toothbrush and each brand on the market claimed that they have the best technology that fit to your need. Don’t feel distress! I’m going to help you out to find what is the most suitable electric toothbrush for you.
Unbiased Reviews of Best Electric Toothbrushes 2017
Cleaning the teeth is definitely an important element of keeping dental hygiene and health. Electric toothbrushes will help you clean your dental much more carefully when compared to a regular brush. An electric battery powered tooth brush moves automatically and scrubs your tooth smoothly to harmless your enamel when cleaning up the residues and food off from your the teeth appropriately.
If you don’t like the regular and conventional toothbrush and want more practical way on cleaning your teeth, just keep your time a while reading the following article to find the most appropriate electric toothbrushes for you. Almost all the stuff is available on the market. Here we go.
The revolutionary device will certainly encourage everyone to completely clean their teeth and many thanks to its exciting idea. This particular toothbrush will likely be monitoring you to definitely clean up your teeth perfectly, as being a personal dentist. If the user of Oral-B Genius misses certain place while cleaning their mouth, he or she will be promptly warned.
This product can function in Six varying modes. They include three forms of tooth brushing along with whitening task and gum cleaning and even tongue cleaning. So named as “three-dimensional” technological innovation of tooth brushing, it offers swinging motions with pulsation. Particularly, pulsation stops soon after too much pressure on teeth to avoid any potential injury.
Best Electric Toothbrush based on Average Customer Reviews
One of the most helpful functions become available once you are connecting toothbrush with your iOS or Android Smartphone via Bluetooth and installing the “Oral-B App”. With Built-in sensor unit which identifies cleaning areas, makes use of this app gain access to the Smartphone front high-end camera, which helps to consistently clean the mouth area.
Implementing the application, the “smart” toothbrush will give individual with details about the pressure along with the time period of brushing. The newest technological innovation of toothbrush Oral-B Genius 8000 is definitely a genuine discovery in the oral care industry. One of the most high tech brushes in the Oral-B lineup absolutely allows you to clean your teeth precisely how doctors highly recommend doing so.
- The Time duration goes now throughout the tooth brushing – two minutes of wearisome daily routine changed into an entertaining game.
- The best quality of the latest technological innovation tooth brushing – through the great sensors, oral cleaning sensations are definitely different now.
- Completely simple to customize settings.
- You may need to deal with the application to be able to take advantage of the whole features of the device
This type of toothbrush with 3D-clean technological innovation carries out with 40K pulsing and 8.8K striking motions for each minute. Oral-B delivers vast number of replaceable electrical toothbrush’s attachments. All Oral-B types collocate together with full Oral-B attachments. Circular-shaped electric powered toothbrush works with qualifications of professional dental care instruments. Pulsating motions relaxed teeth protect whereas striking motions eliminate incrustation and stimulate gum for firmness. Consequently, this technological innovation enables you to brush the outer lining of each and every tooth mostly all sides much better than conventional toothbrush.
The attachment’s head of Precision Clean assures protection for each tooth so it indicates more effective cleaning for every single tooth from all sides when compared with regular toothbrush and cares the gum for better treatment. Oral-B 3D White addition was designed mainly for thorough elimination of oral plaque.
The FlossAction attachment gives more effective cleaning in comparison with Oral-B Precision Clean because the yellow rubber bristles go through amongst teeth and get rid of plaque effectively. Smooth bristles of Sensitive attachment preferably fit for thorough cleaning of sensitive gum and teeth. Blue bristles, once they become colorless in a half use, indicating the bristles’ wear off and remind you to replace it before the next use.
- Product with LED display screen satisfies you and tells about well-timed and thoroughly teeth brushing.
- It comes with comfortable grip and brush and quite easy to use for daily routine.
- Long lasting battery after recharge.
- It took longer time (approx. 12 hours) to get the battery full charged.
- When there are two main level then it’s brushing less strong.
This fast-performing and great electric toothbrush offers 31K brush strokes in every single minute. As a result, these quick-move brushes let you clean your teeth deeply several times every single day to get rid of stains and yellowing as a result of drink and food residues.
This great Sterline Sonic toothbrush comes with 3 useful features which has different benefits. Those features are soft, clean and massage mode. Clean mode is suitable for daily use while the soft mode works appropriately when you have sensitive tooth and gum. Massage mode particularly primes your gums and is best used occasionally to maintain the overall health of your oral cavity.
- It has slim handle and lightweight.
- It also comes with four thirty second cycles that can be easily paused between them.
- You can turn the power of the pulses down by because it has multiple intensity settings.
- UV sterilizer seems like it works well, and the housing design is very functional and well thought out.
- The house design seems very functional and well performed.
- An extreme bright LED indicator in the handle that can’t be turned off shortly without removing it from the charger.
- Excessive length of the power line which cannot be easily stored in bathroom with limited space.
This type of toothbrush came with 3 different functioning levels so it is good for everyone at any age (except children) regardless of what sensitivity of their gums and teeth is.
Definitely, 2 minutes is the ideal length of time to brush and clean your teeth properly without injuring your enamel. This type of electric brush has stoppable timer that will turns off automatically after the duration of 2 minutes. Hence, it benefits you to make sure that you brush and clean your dental in a fairly length of time. You will gain healthier oral cavity and brighter teeth right after 2 weeks of daily used.
- 3 different operating modes is an ideal choice for different types of gums.
- It will be much easier to use QuadSense pulses if you don’t have enough time for your brushing.
- Water-resistant docking station and great UV sanitizer.
- Six week long lasting battery time is one great feature.
- Reasonable price compared to other similar products.
- You will need to spend more if you want to get an electric toothbrush that offers more powerful scrub.
- Even some people like to use QuadSense, there’re some others don’t due to the fact that it can briefly stop every thirty seconds as the part of the pulse.
- If you want more solid material, you can go with another toothbrush because this type of electric toothbrush is majority made out of plastic material.
- Compared to other similar products, the brand is not popular yet and there is lack information available when you try research it online.
Our next review is Sonicare electric toothbrush which can make a difference in terms of your dental quality for your next check up. This type of electric toothbrush has strongest but smooth vibration than regular toothbrush. Surely, it can remove damaging plague more than 2 times than your traditional toothbrush.
Other benefit you can get from this electric toothbrush is you don’t need to recharge every night because it has good lifetime of two weeks and even more. This electric toothbrush comes with special feature such as dynamic liquid action which easily cleans certain area in your mouth that can be difficult to reach when you use conventional toothbrush. Just like the area along your gum lines and among your teeth. As a result, you will gain whiter teeth and brighter smile as well.
- Some consumer testers thought and said that this electric brush cleaned their teeth appropriately.
- It’s easy to use and replace the brush head. Even your kids can do so.
- It has accurate time signal.
- Good battery life for a rechargeable electric toothbrush.
- It has informative and thorough manual.
- It’s relatively has louder noise.
- The vibrations took some getting used to.
- It’s relatively heavy (7.4 ounces).
- There’s no clear indicator to tell you which mode you’re in.
Comes with MicroPulse bristles, this type of Oral-B electric toothbrush can cleans some areas in your mouth that can be hard to reach. Using this electric toothbrush, you can easily brush and clean the areas between your teeth to get optimum plaque removal which can dull down and harmful your teeth.
Moreover, with its round brush head this electric toothbrush is designed perfectly for an easy cleaning of your individual teeth to make sure that you completely clean and brush every single tooth in your mouth. This type of electric toothbrush also featured with built-in signals and timer that can automatically switch off after 2 minutes in use. It certainly helps you maintain your teeth in ideal time period which is advised by most dentists.
- Excellent dental cleaning.
- It has solid construction.
- Rubberized, easy grip handle.
- Rechargeable batteries.
- Built-in timer and signal.
- Choice of replacement brush heads.
- Relatively inexpensive for its brush heads replacement.
- Charge stand is not wall mountable so it’s not quite good for bathroom with limited space.
- When in stand, the brush top is quite heavy so it can easily falls to the side.
- Long charge cycle for NiCad batteries.
- For a NiCad battery, it took longer time for one charging period.
- There’s no LED on toothbrush or stand to indicate the charging status.
Next electric toothbrush that comes in our review is the Oral-B Pro 5000 which is known as the latest technological revolution in dental hygiene world. This electric toothbrush has capability to connect with your Smartphone through Bluetooth connectivity. It provides smart technology that allows you to give your feedback every time you finish cleaning your teeth. This smart feature enables you to review the quality of your dental cleaning habits to see if there any changes needed. This great feature helps you to make sure that you are getting an optimum performance of the toothbrush during your cleaning time.
This Oral-B Pro 5000 is well-designed and equipped with specific 3D cleaning performance that comes along with three different types of motions: pulsing, rotating and oscillating. These different motions will helps you to gain optimum oral cleaning. These will result in a maximum plaque and residue removal from your teeth to ensure that every single tooth in your mouth obtains the hygiene they need to keep brighter and healthier.
- Nice and clean package.
- It has 3 different motion modes.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- It comes with different brush heads.
- Some consumer said that their teeth look whiter and cleaner after using this type of toothbrush.
- Some consumer said that the brush head is little bit too hard for their gums at first.
- It doesn’t come with Smart Guide or complete manual.
Another SmartSeries toothbrush that designed and made by Oral-B is the Pro 7000. Just like other SmartSeries type, this electric toothbrush also equipped with Bluetooth connectivity which allows you to connect it with your Smartphone. It allows you to know if you have been hitting the most sensitive and important areas in your mouth or else you have been brushing your teeth too hard that can result in enamel damaged. Furthermore, it can provide you with some oral hygiene tips to use in the future.
This electric toothbrush has round brush head which allows you to reach difficult areas of your mouth so you can gain an optimum oral hygiene. You can also replace the brush head easily when you think it’s not comfortable for your teeth anymore.
- More cleaning power.
- Sleek design.
- It comes with travel case.
- Various brushing modes.
- Timer clock.
- Reasonable price for incredible feature.
- The battery is still NiMH. It would be great if Oral-B transition it to Lithium Ion.
- The included AC charger is 110V only. Oral-B sells the 240V charger separately.
The Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush is designed and created especially to clean excessive amount of plaque on your mouth. With its smart brush features, it can easily break the plaque up then eliminate it to help you obtain a whiter, brighter and healthier mouth. With particular gap between the brush head and the handle, this electric toothbrush provides optimum movement for its brush head to clean all your teeth efficiently.
If you were experiencing with traumatic transformation from manual to electric brush then there’s no need to worried at all because this toothbrush already equipped with an easy-start feature. This feature allows you to rise the brush power up over the first uses to make sure that your kids don’t get any pain on their teeth or gums.
- Fast and powerful cleaning.
- Good durability both for machine and brush head.
- The included brush head quite small.
- After a few uses, it will automatically changes from gentle to more powerful mode. Some consumer said they don’t like this automatic feature.
Specifically designed to brush and clean your teeth until they shine brightly, this electric toothbrush is prominently renowned for its capability to remove more excess and damaging plaque from your teeth than any type of conventional toothbrush.
Right after one week of utilizing this fast-performing toothbrush, you will see some difference on your teeth. It will become whiter and brighter. Soon after 14 days of using of the toothbrush daily, you will certainly obtain healthier gum with substantially reduced sensitivity.
- It gives maximum cleaning action between teeth along with the gum line to increase the oral health.
- DiamondClean toothbrush heads provides effective cleaning for teeth and gums.
- Light and ergonomic handle provides comfort for daily use.
- Audible reminder every thirty seconds.
- Sensitive mode.
- Recharge indicator.
- Smart timer (auto shut-off).
- Easy-start features.
- Comfortable travel case.
- Good Battery life.
- As it has 5 brushing modes, there should be a way of pre-selecting a mode before you turn the toothbrush on, but there isn’t. The only way to navigate between modes is when the toothbrush is on.
- Lack of pre-selecting mode before turn the device on.
- It will not turn off when you press the button too hard.
- It may not handle or survive from accidental droppings.
- The brush heads bristles fade away quickly.
This complete oral hygiene set from Waterpik offers both an electric toothbrush and a revolutionary water flosser system. Full combination of electric toothbrush and water flosser device help you obtain fresher and hygiene oral health soon after 14 days of daily use.
The pressure of water flosser system and the vibrations from the toothbrush work simultaneously to completely and effectively clean your teeth. This awesome tag-team of dental hygiene products can thoroughly clean your mouth even it is area that hard to reach, such as the deepest area between your teeth to enhance the health of your gums and teeth.
- You will get healthier gums in 14 days of daily use.
- It has effective brushing and flossing abilities.
- Good combination of pulsations and water flosser system.
- Maintains the gaps between teeth and below the gumline clean and healthier.
- Premium hard-sided travel case.
- Although there are no complaints so far, there are some consumers who said that they found an error (stuck) on Waterpik pause button.
Already renowned for its capability to get rid of 300% more plaque and residue from your teeth than a conventional toothbrush, this type of electric toothbrush is both delicate and powerful.
It comes with a three dimensional system that spin around your teeth to effectively and completely clean every single tooth by getting rid of plaque and food residues on your mouth. Moreover, this toothbrush also features built-in alarm that beats every 30 seconds as a soft reminder to the brush to different place on your mouth. This will help you to keep your teeth and gums healthier and hygiene.
- Consumer testers said that this brush work appropriately to clean their teeth.
- It is easy to use.
- It has accurate timer.
- Comprehensive manual instruction.
- There’s lack indicator to tell you which mode you are in
|Brand||Price||Cleaning Modes||Weight||Dimensions||Customer Ratings|
|Sterline Sonic Electric Toothbrush||3 Brushing Modes||5 ounces||9.5 x 1 x 1 inches||4.5|
|iBrush SonicWave with UV Sanitizer||3 Brushing Modes||1 pounds||Not Specified||4.2|
|Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Rechargeable||1 Brushing Mode||15.2 ounces||1.4 x 1.8 x 7.8 inches||4.4|
|Oral-B Vitality Floss Action Rechargeable||1 Brushing Mode||8 ounces||2.2 x 4.4 x 10 inches||4.3|
|Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power with Bluetooth Connectivity||6 Brushing Modes||1.4 pounds||7.7 x 3.9 x 10 inches||4.4|
|Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries White Rechargeable||6 Brushing Modes||2.2 pounds||4.7 x 6.6 x 10 inches||4.4|
|Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic||1 Brushing Mode||12.8 ounces||0.8 x 0.8 x 8 inches||4.3|
|Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Sonic Electric Rechargeable||2 DiamondClean brush||6.4 ounces||0.5 x 1 x 7 inches||4.3|
|Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic||1 Brushing Mode||3.2 pounds||7.5 x 9 x 9.2 inches||4.5|
|Oral-B Black Pro 1000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush||3 Brushing Modes||15.8 ounces||2.2 x 4.4 x 10 inches||4.4|
2017 Best Electric Toothbrush Buying Guide & Tips
An electrical toothbrush in the appropriate manner can successfully clean your entire 32 teeth for just a short while. Different brush heads and several performing functions enable you to select the most suitable model. You can find 3 models of electric toothbrushes normal, sonic and ultrasonic.
Standard electric brush head offers several spinning motions for each minute. This type of electric toothbrush is fairly cheaper than sonic and ultrasonic types, yet they hardly eliminate plaque, specifically in untouched areas.
Sonic Toothbrush vs Ultrasonic Toothbrush
Sonic toothbrushes do 20K- 30K vibrating motions every minute and able to clean up the teeth much more thoroughly. The sonic influx from the vibrating brush head has the ability to access below gum tissue around 5 millimeters, which allows to get rid of plaque of the invisible areas of the tooth. These types of toothbrushes are highly recommended for most people who being affected by disorders of oral cavity that restrain the usage of ultrasound types.
The ultrasonic toothbrushes provide the most effective outcome to get rid of dental plaque. The irrigator works as a technological innovation for the oral cleanliness. It applies thin fluid jets in high-pressure to clean enamel and stimulate gums. A number of electric toothbrushes come with additional brush heads in various colors for each person in your family. Regular toothbrush heads vary by its solidity of bristle. The soft and smooth bristle is prescribed by doctors for kids and those with very sensitive teeth. The medium bristle is highly recommended for those who have normal teeth condition.
Brush Head Materials
The brush head for the gum stimulate that is recommended for those who experiencing periodontal problems comes with rubber attachments throughout the bristles. The interdentally brush head for people who use tooth braces or have extensive space among the teeth, features a bristle with thinner beam. Those brush heads are able to go through beneath the teeth gaps, getting rid of plaque in those areas which seems hidden from the eye. We can buy this regular and extra brush heads separately.
Brush Working Modes
There are numerous types of electrical toothbrushes which come with speed and head movement switching modes. Low mode is highly advised for those who have a very sensitive teeth and disorder gums condition. We can also use this mode to easily clean the braces, veneers or even lumineers. The regular mode is best used for those who have normal teeth condition.
Toothbrush Power Type
Commonly, electrical toothbrushes are operated by batteries. The cordless toothbrushes are quite expensive and a bit heavier. However, they are more economical compared to the portable one. Usually, these types of toothbrush have long-lasting battery with 2-12 hours charging time. Portable types have built-in accumulators which can be easily operated not only at home. Either we can bring it on our traveling time.
It’s highly recommended for children to use particular toothbrushes. Kid’s toothbrushes have smaller size on its brush head. Furthermore, they come with softer bristle for sensitive gum. Kid’s toothbrush head spin slower than adult toothbrush.
Toothbrush Additional Features
Some toothbrushes come with additional features such as pressure sensor alarms. It enables user to get warned when they perform an excessive pressure during their tooth cleaning activity. As we already know that an excessive pressure on teeth surface can easily damage our gums or enamel. Therefore, some electric toothbrushes offer head brush with soft and smooth bristles. These smooth bristles come in particular color shades. When they bristles color becomes wear off, then it is time to change your brush head. Some electric toothbrushes equipped with specific displays that shows comprehensive information about brushing time, charging indicator and the wear of brush head as well.
Some Useful Tips to Sanitize Toothbrush
Toothbrush sterilizing can be something which we frequently forget or ignore. However, if you’d checked out a Petri denture, that typically consisted of all harmful bacteria coming from the toothbrush, you’d be fearful to clean your enamel in the future before you clean and sterilize it. You cannot sterilize the toothbrush simply by watering its brush bristles. The following tips can help you clean and sterilize your electric toothbrush.
- Using Antiseptic Mouthwash can help eliminate harmful bacteria and sterilize your toothbrush. Drop the toothbrush in antiseptic liquid for about fifteen minutes. After that, remove the toothbrush, wash it normally and let it dry for a while. Just remember not to put your toothbrush case before it is fully dry.
- Using dishwasher. Based on several tests, sterilizing toothbrush in a dishwasher gives an optimum result of harmful bacteria removal if compared to cleaning in the hot water with certain pressure.
- Using Microware. Simply put your toothbrush in a microwave for about fifteen seconds. Some tests found that harmful microbes and bacteria can be removed by microwaves radiation.
- Boiling the toothbrush in the container is another traditional way to sterilize your toothbrush. However, we cannot use this method for electric toothbrushes. Flawlessly, this method can wears down the bristle brush faster.
- Using toothbrush sterilizer. There are lots of toothbrush sterilizers available on the market today and they come with numerous cases and holders options. Some of them even come with sanitizing capsules for the toothbrush heads.
- Using ultraviolet lamp sterilizer. Simply flip over the toothbrush and put it in the UV cleaner
- Another easy way to sterilize your toothbrush is using white vinegar. Simply turn over the toothbrush into a container with white vinegar inside. However, this method cannot be 100% effective to destroy the harmful bacteria in your toothbrush heads.
Choosing the best electric toothbrush can be difficult task for some people. However, things that we need to consider is what type of electric toothbrush that fit to our teeth and gum condition. Basically, electric toothbrush provides a lot of benefits for the dental health and oral hygiene. Do not forget to clean the tongue anytime we clean our mouth. Tongue is a place where almost 60% of harmful microbes are accumulating. If we don’t clean it thoroughly, it can infect the gum and riskful the oral hygiene. Alternatively, you can simply clean your tongue using wet toothbrush or certain tongue scraper.
A toothbrush becomes unsterile very easily so you must ensure that it’s completely clean and sterile just before you use it. You need to clean the bristles from food junk, tooth paste and oral plaque as well. Following that, your electric toothbrush must dry up appropriately. In addition, for the most effective and complete oral hygiene, you need to take a dental check up every 6 months.